To work together to preserve and restore eye health and enhance visual function in children, and ocular alignment and binocularity in children and adults throughout the world.
The goals of IPOSC are:
1. Promote programs and research to reduce childhood blindness, treat vision impairment in children, and improve ocular alignment in children and adults
2. Encourage the development of institutions and trained practitioners to achieve the mission
3. Assist educational efforts to fulfill the mission through improved education of practitioners and the public
4. Provide effective communications between national and supra-national societies to achieve the mission
5. Facilitate collaboration with international foundations and non-governmental organizations to promote and enhance eye care